Kajol is undoubtedly one of the most talented actresses in Bollywood. She has acted in some great films, which even today are considered to be classics. We don’t see enough of her these days, since she took a break from films. Here are some unknown facts about the bubbly actress that’ll make you wish to see more of her on the silver screen.
1. She cannot cook, can’t even make tea. Kajol says when her kids grow up, they will never remember their maa ki haath ka khana and she is worried about it. She has tried to learn to cook but has failed every time.
2. Sridevi was originally to play the double role in Baazigar which later went to Shilpa Shetty and Kajol.
3. Kajol is exactly 1.57 metres (5.15 feet) tall. Nobody knows her exact height.
4. You have all seen that Shah Rukh Khan drops Kajol at the end of ‘Rukh Jaa O Dil Deewane’. Aditya Chopra did not tell Kajol what was going to happen, so as to make her reaction look genuine. Her hips hurt for two days and the reaction was genuine.
5. She is a relative of Kishore Kumar. Her paternal grandmother’s brothers were the three Ganguly brothers – Ashok Kumar, Anoop Kumar and Kishore Kumar.
6. She went for honeymoon to Sydney and then Cairo. One was her choice and the other, Ajay Devgn’s.
7. In 2001, Kajol was pregnant with her first child. She suffered a miscarriage.
8. There were many who rejected to work in Baazigaar with a very young Kajol. Akshay Kumar didn’t accept the offer because it had negative shades. Other actors who rejected the role were Arbaaz Khan, Anil Kapoor and Salman Khan.
9. Ajay Devgn never proposed to Kajol. It was Kajol who wanted to marry him and proposed to him.
10. She loves Pantua (Bengali sweet) and Langcha. She cannot resist herself if you keep one in front of her.